IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
NORTH EAST & YORKSHIRE
As a Cable Jointer in this role, you will be involved in all aspects of work on DNO and our clients' underground cable networks. You will have working experience on both private and DNO electricity networks, preferably on both LV and HV experience. You should have a high regard for safety and a flexible approach to working hours, travel and work location is a must.
- Jointing and termination of high and low voltage cables
- HV and LV cable jointing on all cable types including Waveform, Consac, PILC, SWA, CAS, Polymeric and XLPE
- Working on DNO/IDNO systems and private networks
- Planning and organising
- Customer service
- Decision making
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines
- Possess a good safety record and safety ethics
- Be a team player
- Be an effective communicator
Qualifications & Attributes
- City & Guilds or equivalent is essential
- Relevant experience working in a similar role is essential
- DNO or IDNO authorised is essential
- Clean driving license
The primary role of the Project Co-ordinator will be to manage all site aspects of the delivery of Engineering Contracting projects in the UK. This includes resource, sub-contractor management and safety.
• Co-ordinate, lead and pro-actively manage all site activities on Engineering Contracting sites.
• Full understanding of the scope of works, variations to change of scope or additional works and controlling change requests.
• Establishment of safe systems of work on site in accordance with health and safety legislation including CDM where applicable.
• Liaise with the client and third parties.
• Management of sub-contractors.
• Planning, organising, & time management
• Good communicator & able to interpret information
• Customer orientated and commercially aware
• Team working
• Safety management
• Decision making
• Understanding & knowledge of the HV distribution system
Qualifications & Attributes:
• ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is essential.
• Control and management of sub-contractors.
• Knowledge of scheduling of work and resources.
• Experience in the NRSWA code of practice.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role is desirable.