IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, a salesperson is required to identify new opportunities for IUS in Scotland and promote IUS as a high quality electrical contractor.
- Identify potential opportunities for IUS for both projects and maintenance agreements across the Renewable Energy, Health, Education, Water, Defence, Petrochemical, Industrial sectors
- Sell IUS’ capabilities to potential clients as well as managing existing accounts
- Database management and accurate inputs
- Provide good quality information to the Tendering & Estimating team to allow the production of accurate quotations
- Make follow up calls/visits to customers to help convert quotations to orders
- Customer service
- Written communication
- Planning and organizing
- Verbal communication
- Interpreting information
- Technical knowledge of IUS’ services
Qualifications & Attributes:
Good standard of education – minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Math’s and English is essential
Driving license is essential
Experience of sales activities or electrical industry knowledge is essential
Appropriate sales/marketing qualification is desirable
Relevant electrical qualification is desirable
Experience of sales roles in the high voltage electrical industry is desirable
A Project Manager is required to be fully responsible for the safe successful delivery of UK Contracts Projects, ICP Connections and Major Projects.
· Co-ordinate, lead and pro-actively manage the planning, development and delivery of projects to ensure all contracts are delivered safely, to program and budget to the satisfaction of clients.
· Full understanding of the scope of works, variations to change of scope or additional works, controlling change requests and technical queries.
· Establishment of safe systems of work in accordance with health and safety legislation including CDM where applicable.
· Direct liaison with the client, sub-contractors and third parties.
· Preparation and maintenance of the program and resource plan.
· Communication of project requirements to site delivery personnel including contractors and agents.
· Management of project team and co-ordination of project activities.
· Overall responsibility for project execution, ensuring that program/project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety expectations.
· Manage project costs, monitor finances and have strong commercial acumen.
· Planning, organising and time management
· Good communicator and able to interpret information
· Customer orientated and commercially aware
· Decision making and cost management
· Project programme management
· Understanding and knowledge of HV/LV systems
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
· ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Project Management – Prince 2, APM and equivalent role based experience
· Project Management experience on HV & LV networks along with strong financial control, knowledge of contracts and contract law
· Produce/monitor project programme, monitor in MS project or equivalent and knowledge of scheduling of work and resources
· Cost and revenue management
· Able to produce and operate as a Principal Contractor under CDM
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
· HNC or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Management qualifications
· NRSWA Supervisors Competence
· DNO authorisations
· Experience in managing a construction project delivery team
· Previous experience of working in a similar role
· Experienced in framework and scheme project management
A Multi Utility Design Technician is required to liaise and identify client requirements, obtain points of connections and quotations for the design and costing of Multi Utility Networks when required and negotiate with the client to obtain the order.
- Carry out high level electrical, gas and water designs
- Accurately prepare quotations considering a number of criteria such as Direct Labour Costs, Materials, Plant, Special Plant, Items from Pick Lists, Sub Contractors, Method Statements, Design & Consultancy, Testing & Commissioning, Project Management & Supervision, Contingency and Transport
- Liaise and negotiate with clients to secure the order
- Identify and develop new customers
- Identify new supplier’s contractors to improve safety, performance and profit
- Assist other Performance Islands as and when required
- Ensure that Multi Utility designs/quotations meet statutory legislation
- Produce project files to enable the delivery team to complete the projects in accordance with IUS policies and procedures
- Ability to manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands on time availability, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritise and schedule
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels
- Problem solving skills with ability to work off own initiative
- Customer and subcontractor negotiations skills
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- · ONC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- · Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Experience in multi utility with gas, water or electric connections in the housing, commercial and industrial sectors
- HV and LV design and CDM sites
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment
A Project Coordinator is required to provide active on site management and dispensing duties under the CDM Principle Contractor role.
- Management of on-site construction programme
- Responsible for health, safety and welfare
- Responsible for contractor and IUS labour performance
- Site inductions
- Liaison with the client, third parties and the public
- On-site quality management
- Resolve site and engineering issues
- Monitor and report daily and weekly progress to the project manager
- Support the project manager producing and compiling delivery and contract documentation
- Manage and mitigate daily risks and issues to meet and improve programmed and budgeted delivery costs
- Good verbal and written communication is essential along with team working and time management skills
- An understanding & knowledge of building and civil works associated with the utility industry
- An understanding of the HV/LV distribution systems
- Safety management, planning and organising
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- NRSWA Street work supervisor, SMSTS & CSCS
- Site Management and adherence to CDM working as a principle contractor
- Control and management of sub-contractors
- Knowledge of scheduling of work and resources
- Able to produce method statements, risk assessments and maintain site records
- Customer facing role
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Qualification in Civil, Utilities or Electrical infrastructure
- Previous experience of working in a similar role