IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
Applications are invited for the above vacancy, which has arisen within the Tendering & Estimating Department based at Wakefield or Middlesbrough. IUS is currently in search of a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer with experience in Power Distribution across all sectors. The role will be to provide accurate and efficient cost estimates for projects located mainly within the UK.
The post holder's main responsibilities will be to produce tenders and quotations associated with all aspects of high voltage activity. This will include: - to co-ordinate with the client to carry out high level designs in order to produce an engineering solution; ensure that electrical design and engineering quotations meet statutory legislation, regulation and client specification; produce and submit accurate quotations with associated evaluation data for quotations and tenders.
- The primary responsibility is to develop accurate and timely electrical estimates and submit competitive bids and proposals for our client-base
- Analyse and interpret detailed clients’ requests, drawings and specifications
- Determine and price value-engineered alternatives to plans and specifications
- Utilising standard quotation letters submit bespoke, proposals/quotations to our clients
- Attend pre and post tender bid meetings with clients and their representatives
- Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner
- Assist the Tender & Estimating team to meet the financial targets
- Identify and develop new customers
- Identify new supplier’s and contractors to improve safety, performance and profit
These are key activities and not a comprehensive list of all duties that you will be expected to carry out. You will need to be flexible and carry out work in other areas as workload and business change dictates.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and self-motivated individual with the ability to be innovative whilst still being able to follow and improve set processes. You must be hard working, be able to work alone and when required as part of a team. You must also demonstrate that you:
- Are able to identify the requirements of the project
- Accurately prepare quotations considering all costs associated with the delivery of the project
- Can provide detailed hand over project files to the Project Management Team to allow for a successful delivery of the project
- Correspond and negotiate with clients, suppliers, contractors and colleagues
- Are able to manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands on time availability, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritise and schedule
- Are able to monitor progress and implement controls to ensure tasks are achieved to time cost and quality
- Can develop and select effective solutions to problems and to manage risk
- Can communicate facts, ideas and proposals to others in an effective and persuasive manner
- Apply Safety, Health, Environmental and Welfare policies and procedures
- Work with others to develop knowledge and skills throughout the team
- Deliver efficient and effective customer service
- Use office software to improve work outputs
Qualifications & Attributes
- Knowledge of Low Voltage and High Voltage (HV & EHV) distribution networks and protection systems
- HNC (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Contract Law, Health & Safety awareness and CDM Regulations
- Forward planning to ensure tender timescales are met
- Commercial awareness