IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, a salesperson is required to identify new opportunities for IUS and promote IUS as a high-quality electrical contractor. This role will cover South of the M62 and North West England.
- Identify potential opportunities for IUS for both projects and maintenance agreements across the Renewable Energy, Health, Education, Water, Defence, Petrochemical, Industrial sectors
- Sell IUS’ capabilities to potential clients as well as managing existing accounts
- Database management and accurate inputs
- Provide good quality information to the Tendering & Estimating team to allow the production of accurate quotations
- Make follow up calls/visits to customers to help convert quotations to orders
- Customer service
- Written communication
- Planning and organizing
- Verbal communication
- Interpreting information
- Technical knowledge of IUS’ services
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Good standard of education – minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Math’s and English is essential
- Driving license is essential
- Experience of sales activities or electrical industry knowledge is essential
- Appropriate sales/marketing qualification is desirable
- Relevant electrical qualification is desirable
- Experience of sales roles in the high voltage electrical industry is desirable
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th November 2020
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
A Quantity Surveyor is required to control the commercial functions within the IUS business. The successful candidate will support the business and take responsibility for the end-to-end commercial process for all projects; further enhance the businesses commercial strength and margins by improving commercial reporting accuracy, cash flow, reducing risk in change control and WIP.
- Commercial reporting including forecasting
- Work alongside operational team to produce accurate CVRs
- Assisting in estimating and procurement
- Manage client interface
- Risk management including change control and WIP management
- Contract Administration
- Aid in subcontract procurement, ensuring best value for money and lowest risk achieved at all times
- Payment and debt management
- Scheme closures and feedback loop to T & E team
- Attend internal and external (Client) meetings
- Final account compilation / submission
- Contractual knowledge
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Organised and efficient
- Customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Civil Engineering / Utility work experience
- Excellent IT skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC or above in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is essential
- Experience in the construction industry is essential
- Experience with scheme finance and commercial management is essential
- Ability to understand and respond to contract issues
- MRICS or MCIOB is desirable
- Experience in the utility construction industry with a complete understanding of gas, water and electric distribution infrastructures is desirable