IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
An opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Substation Inspector covering Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and the Midlands.
• Inspection of HV electrical substations and associated apparatus including LV equipment.
• Taking of oil samples.
• Completion and submission of reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Electrical knowledge
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines
• Customer service skills
• Good IT skills
• Planning and organising
• Interpreting information
• Excellent health & safety record
• Works well within a team
Qualifications & Attributes
• A relevant electrical qualification would be desirable.
• Experience in the high voltage electrical industry would be desirable.
• An electrical background is essential.
• A full driving license is essential.