IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
We require two fully trained and experienced Electrical Fitters to carry out the following:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of High Voltage switch gear.
- Work on DNO systems and private networks.
- High voltage construction work.
- Candidates must be self-motivated with excellent time management skills, good safety ethics and the ability to work to deadlines.
- General administration.
- Good safety record
- Electrical competency
- Planning & organising
- Customer service
- Decision making
- Customer liaison
- Team working
Qualifications & Attributes
- Knowledge of Low Voltage and High Voltage (HV & EHV) distribution networks and protection systems.
- An electrical technical qualification city & guilds (or equivalent) is essential.
- Experience of installation and maintenance of HV electrical plant is essential.
- DNO authorisations are desirable.
- G.C.S.E’s grade C (or equivalent) in Maths, English and a Science are desirable.