IUS offers excellent career opportunities in engineering, technical, administrative and management roles throughout the UK. We are goals driven and reward hard work, loyalty and commitment. We look to develop individuals who match the ambitions of our Company. IUS value the contribution every employee makes to the overall success of the business and is committed to providing a safe working environment, fair and equal treatment and training and development opportunities for all employees.
Applications are invited from everyone with appropriate experience and qualifications. Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment (intended or actual), race (including colour, nationality or ethnic or national origins), age, disability, religion or belief and pregnancy and maternity.
Our people are our strength; we equip employees with the resources and support necessary to be successful in a safe and rewarding environment.
Take a look at the careers opportunities and if you have the necessary attributes and experience, then submit your C.V. and covering letter to the HR department at our Middlesbrough Office.
Career Opportunities in IUS
IUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Powergrid and an electrical contracting business that provides diverse and complex power engineering solutions to major clients throughout the UK.
IUS offer excellent career opportunities and is seeking the following personnel due to significant new contract awards.
A Protection Engineer is required by the Technical Services section to complete design, plant commissioning, protection commissioning and protection maintenance.
- Design of HV protection systems
- High Voltage Protection Commissioning
- High Voltage Protection Maintenance
- Plant Commissioning Engineer
- Fault find and rectification measures
- Technical support for IUS
- G59 Protection Commissioning
- Design and application of protection systems
- Protection and commissioning experience
- Safety Management
- Subcontractor management
- IT literacy
- Commercial awareness
- Interrogation and fault finding
- Basic design and procurement of materials for electrical panels – i.e. interposing relay, G59.
- Knowledge and design of complex protection studies would be an advantage
Qualifications & Attributes
- HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent would be essential.
- An introduction to Power System Protection would be essential.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent would be desirable.
- Power System Protection would be desirable.
- Construction site or plant safety trained - CSCS and/or CCNSG